Rent to tourists
Rent to groups
Visit us on Facebook
THE CULTURE OF THE ‘GENS DE VOYAGE’ ALONG THE CASTLES
PROGRAM 15:00 to 21:00h
Saturday, September 19, 2015 - as part of the 'Heritage' weekend
Location: Chateau FABRE VIEUX - 46 170 PERN - RD 54 between L'Hospitalet and Cézac
INFO: AAA Fabre Vieux - Maria van Bakelen
Fixed Tel: 09.61348153 Email: email@example.com
Website: www.fabrevieux.nl Facebook: AAA Fabre Vieux
EXHIBITION - LECTURES – DANCE PERFORMANCE
Program organized by our association Atelier d'Activités Artistiques Fabre Vieux, together with the association "FRAIDA AN MARO DJI (Free in our hearts), Nègrepelisse - Tarn and Garonne with advice of Theatre group CHOEUR ARTICHAUD, St. Paul de Loubressac, LOT.
EXHIBITION 15:00 to 21:00h
- Photos and books about the Roma culture, the way of life and history in the Midi-Pyrénées region
- Pictures of the restoration of Fabre Vieux
- Pictures of the effort to promote the Roma culture by our Eastern European partners
LECTURES and POWER POINT PRESENTATION 15:30 to 17:45h
- The big journey from India to France - India, the country of origin?
About the history and legal framework - by Maryse-Alice Gargaud.
- The renovation of the Chateau Fabre Vieux and its cultural function
By Wilbert van der Post & Maria van Bakelen. Ideas for future cooperation between AAA Fabre Vieux, Fraida, Choeur Artichaud with other European partners. How can new life be breathed into the tradition of gypsies to travel from one castle to another to perform their music and dance and enjoy protection?
- The way of life in caravans on the road - Testimony of Joseph Stimbach.
Questions - Interviews.
PAUSE (drinks and snacks) 17:45 till 18.45h
DANCE PERFORMANCE 18:45 to 20:15h
"Tzigane, go where the wind takes you to!"
This performance consists of dance and poetic lyrics. The dance group consists of six young people aged 13 to 17 years from the association "FRAIDA AN MARO DJI. They themselves have designed the dances, which they have traditional elements mixed with modern in a new choreography. They present dances, while the lyrics, written by Joseph Stimbach, will be nominated by Maryse-Alise Gargaud and Joseph Stimbach.
"Tzigane, go where the wind takes you to!" is inspired by themes such as:
- The four elements: Earth, Water, Air, Fire, central to the gypsy culture ∙
- The migration from India through Eastern Europe and Spain to France
∙ The deportation of Gypsies in World War 2 - by Samantha
∙ The national anthem, the Marseillaise, in the arrangement of the famous Jean Baptiste (Django) Reinhardt, musician and Sinti guitarist (1910 -1953) who has developed the style "jazz manouche" in Paris.
INVITATION TO DANCE 20.15h to……
Click here for the pdf version